Thursday, June 11, 2009

29 week appointment

I had my 29wk appt & glucose test today and it went really good. Did the glucose test first. I had a choice of 4 flavors - lemon-lime, orange, fruit punch and cola. I took the cola and had no problems drinking it. Actually it really wasn't all that bad! I finally gained some weight - 4lbs, so I am officially back at my pre-pregnancy weight - woohoo!! Then the nurse asked me for a urine sample. I had just gone pee right before, so I managed to squeeze out a few more drops for her - hehehe. As Dr Lowder was listening for her heartbeat, he found it quickly and then she just as quickly moved on him and he had to find her again, couldn't help but laugh at that. I am measuring at 28 for my fundal height which is good. I am 29 weeks tomorrow (Friday). We talked a little about the anesthesiologist appt I had last time I was in and I kind of recapped for him what happened. I told him that given my choice I want to go with a planned C-section. He will take the baby up to a week early and gave me a few dates. As of now I am opting to have her on Mon, Aug 24. I think we will make a final decision at my next appointment on July 16. I can hardly believe that I only have 11 weeks to go! Should have my glucose test & iron levels back by Monday...

Oh and afterwards, after not having eaten since 8:20am this morning we went to the Outback, I had bread, salad, 8oz prime rib and a sweet potato! I devoured most all of it! Why do they tell us we can't have what we want when what we want can turn into sugar and then schedule our appointments for mid-afternoon????

No comments:

Post a Comment