Friday, January 16, 2009

Energy Levels

Wow, if someone would have told me that the first trimester of pregnancy leads to complete exhaustion and no energy I would never have believed it. But now that I do know....The last few weeks have been really rough. Last week I was really sick and I am constantly tired. I feel like I have been in a fog for several weeks. All I want to do is sleep. I haven't really wanted to do much of anything and have tried to avoid being around others so as not to expose them to my moodiness.

Today was the first day that I haven't been exhausted so when I got home from work Chuck and I went out to look at baby items that will soon be needed. By the time we got home at 6:30 I was ready to eat a bowl of cereal and watch a little tv, something that I have not done much of in the last few weeks. Hopefully tonight I can fall asleep at a normal time.

Tomorrow is my first official prenatal visit with the doctor. Chuck is going with me and it should be a good visit. Not quite sure what to expect exactly though. Chuck is so excited about the appointment. He is more excited than I am at this minute. Of course he hasn't been the one that is sick and exhausted all the time either! He told me that he had a dream about the ultrasound - the baby wasn't a blob anymore! Since I will be 8 weeks tomorrow the baby should have started to develop little arms and legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment