So today was my first official prenatal visit with Dr Lowder. We met with Calista, one of his nurses first and was given a bunch of baby information and it was suggested that we go ahead and pre-register at the hospital sometime soon. He did another ultrasound and said that at this stage (8 wks) the baby looks like a gummy bear. Little arms and legs are starting to form. I had questions for the doctor about cord blood banking and was surprised that he said it wasn't worth doing. Partly because they do not know how long it will be viable. He said in all his deliveries he has only suggested it once or twice. His suggestion was that we set aside that money and use it for the baby's education. My next visit is February 20th and I'll be 13 weeks on that day.
After we were done we went to lunch at Old Chicago and I ended up only eating a few bites of my spaghetti. Chuck told me that I was giving the waitress dirty looks, which I didn't realize. I just was not feeling very well, looked more like a zombie! Instead of walking the mall afterwards we came home and I watched a little tv and took a nap. I have to watch the time of day I take a nap otherwise I don't sleep well at night.
Where I had energy yesterday for the first time in weeks, I was zapped after the doctor today. Hopefully only another few weeks of the exhaustion!
No comments:
Post a Comment