Wow! It seems in some ways that just yesterday I found out I was pregnant! Now I am almost at 18wks and more and more am really wanting to know what this baby is going to be! I guess I owe that in part to Moira....and her wanting me to do the Drano test! I have another doctor appointment tomorrow and am hoping that he will need to do an ultrasound for some reason, but not counting on it! Still the thought of being able to hear the baby's heartbeat again excites me!
Last week I was in Phoenix for the week and got to see my parents, sister and her kids. Boy have they grown! I didn't recognize Annette when she came to pick me up at the airport. I was also able to spend some time with Chuck's parents and cousin and as always some great friends.
I love my nieces and nephew so much! They had to be the biggest highlight of my trip. I was feeling really brave one day and took all 3 of them to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and some game time! I know remember why I don't eat certain types of pizza - it does not like my digestive system at all anymore. Then the kids were each given tokens to play games with...they all seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. Then on Friday mom and I took them to McDonald's and then to Friendship Park in Avondale. It was nice to just watch them play on the playground and feed the ducks!
Oh, and even though the weather was hot, and the pool was 74 degrees they all wanted to play in it, so they were in it a couple of times. I think one of my favorite moments was watching them eat watermelon on the back porch, it reminded me of being little at my grannies house in Mississippi when we would sit on the front porch and watermelon ourselves!
I was able to go to New Life Comm Church on Sunday and see some old friends. I was also reminded of just how AWESOME & AMAZING Praise & Worship is there! Probably one of the things that I miss most about that church. Had a great time at lunch getting to catch up with Pastor Steve. Steve & Debby - remember that you are welcome to come up anytime! We would love to have you! And, I promise you Steve...lots of Elk & Bison in my freezer for you!
I also got to see some other great friends and meet the newest additions to their families! Eric and his daughter Madisson, Scott, Carrie & their kids (Emma is adorable) and Beth & Rich and their little ones! I feel like we are missing out on all of their lives by being here, but Idaho is definitely home for us now! Also, saw Christy & Patrick and had breakfast with my dad & Awen. It was a really busy week! I did try to rest when I could!
I came home and was completely exhausted, I think I am still trying to catch up and get my rest in! It is nice to be at home in my own space, be with Chuck and Kenai and my kitties again! The next big project at home - to start really preparing for the arrival of this little one! Somehow I have to figure out where to put everything that is being stored in the nursery and then in the next month or so start painting & decorating! Any volunteers to help? Home is absolutely where my heart is!
Will post some new pics soon!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment