As of today I am 12 weeks pregnant with 28 to go! This last month has been really rough. I have spent most of it with massive headaches, 'all day' sickness, and complete exhaustion. If I sleep I sleep better during the day than I do at night. Most nights I don't fall asleep until after 1am. We have discovered that the headaches are a result of the muscles and joints in my upper back and neck being extremely tight...so the cure for that? Physical therapy, at least a good part of that is massage therapy!
I am really excited about this baby. Chuck is too. So are the grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and the rest of the family and friends! It is still hard to imagine that I am carrying a little baby inside of me. I find myself crying (or at least tearing up) when I watch certain things on tv. I keep wondering if I am having a boy or girl. Heather was the first to say she thinks I am having a boy and now it is stuck in my head that I could really be having a boy. Either a girl or boy is fine with me as long as I have a healthy baby. God will protect this baby, keep it safe, no matter what happens. I have to trust in this.
We are starting to get the house ready for the baby now. Trying to start a thorough cleaning in each room. this may take a while though. I am hoping to go through each room and get rid of stuff. Chuck has started in the living/dining room area and I can already see the difference that it has made. But for us that means getting rid of stuff that I am a little attached to. Sometimes I wish I had the space we did in our Avondale home...it was huge and open, this house is not. In someways it feels a little closterphobic to me. I will start working on going through the nursery and guest room which will be a big challenge. Everything is stored in the guest room. Crafts, gifts, some linens so much! not to mention the furniture. The nursery won't be so bad, but I will have to find a place to put what is stored in there away.
I have bought a few things for the nursery - bassinet, swing, changing pad, small stuff. Obviously I am trying not to go overboard because we cannot afford it, and I haven’t finished deciding what I want yet. Most of it is still to be determined by the sex of the baby. Will it be flowers or airplanes!?!? Chuck did tell me that regardless of what we have he wanted a camouflage diaper bag, so I did buy one for him....I can see him walking into church with it and a little girl....how cute that will be!
I have asked the couple that we want to be our baby's Godparents if they would consider it. I am still waiting to hear what their answer is. Hopefully yes!
Next Friday is our next appointment with Dr Lowder. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat again! What a great blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment