This last week has been a busy one around the house. We have been trying to finish up the house cleaning and only have a few more things to do. I am to the point that I just want it all done and not have to worry about it, but that never seems to happen and I have had to just decide not to stress over it any longer...if it gets done then it gets done!
Dawn came over on Wednesday to teach me how to make meatloaf so that I could freeze it and have some easy meals over the next few months. Obviously we made it with elk instead of hamburger, so I can't wait to try it! We also cooked up some ground elk & made taco meat as well.
Auntie Em, Uncle Ron & Isiah arrived Thursday night for a few days visit on their summer tour! We haven't seen them in 2 years so it has been nice visiting with them. We went out to Macaroni Grill Thursday night with them for dinner and all during dinner baby Abby is making sure her presence is known! I also started having contractions while we were there!. About 30 minutes after we got home I started having consistent contractions for about an hour or so, and had to call Labor & Delivery (I was trying to avoid calling the on-call dr) because I couldn't time them at all. It was as if they were one right on top of the other! They wanted me to go down, but said to call the on-call dr for our practice....so I did! He said to try and wait it out a while and see what happened and try to time them. By this time, we are both exhausted, Chuck goes to bed and I take a warm bath. I ended up falling asleep finally, but in quite a bit of pain. Friday morning I was completely exhausted! We didn't really do much. I kinda laid around and talked with Em, while the boys went errand running! We had elk burgers and watermelon for dinner and then made ice cream using liquid nitrogen!! Isiah's face lit up with the biggest grin while they were making it! They also froze a tomato, rasberry, balloon, and made liquid nitrogen bombs. Isiah thoroughly enjoyed playing with it!!
Saturday (8/15) Chuck & I got up early to head to the Boise Train Depot to take some nicer pregnancy photos (sepate post). We had fun doing it, but really needed some help with it, woulda been much easier. In the middle of doing the pictures I had to go to the bathroom (nothing unusual there)so we headed to Starbuck's and got drinks then headed back to the Depot. Em, Ron & Isiah finally showed up and we finished up the pictures then went to the Farmer's Market on 8th St. As always it was fun. Bought a baby blanket for Abby to put in her cars, some bison bratwurst (I think that's what it was, berry jam, and a few veggies and special treats for Kenai. After a full morning we headed our separate ways for a few hours. I came home and took a much needed nap! Everyone came back to the house & Em & I headed back downtown so Angie could cut & color Em's hair! The boys were headed to Wahooz (a local game place) to go ride go-karts with Isiah, but then ended up going to the Old Idaho State Penitentiary to tour it and drove up to Table Rock. At the top of Table Rock is a HUGE cross that lights up at night and overlooks the city. I think you can actually get one of the best views of Boise from up there. We picked up pizza from Papa Murphy's and all ate (minus Isiah, who wasn't feeling good by this time and had fallen asleep on the couch).
Tonight is dinner out again with Em & Ron at Applebee's. Sad to know they are leaving tomorrow. We miss our yearly trips to San Diego to visit them, but it was only a 6hr drive form Phx there......so until next years trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment