Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our last day before Abby arrives!















YIKES!!! I can hardly believe that today is August 23rd and that in less than 24hrs our baby girl, Abby will arrive!!! Chuck is at work today, mom & Kallen are here at the house with me helping to do some of the last minute things that need to be done before we bring our baby home. They have been a big help already!! Mom & I went shopping yesterday and bought some of the last things that we will need for her. I can tell that I have way overdone things this last week because I am paying the price for them today! My house is pretty much clean though (thanks to Chuck & my parents). I just need to finish putting my hospital bag together and get them loaded in the jeep tonight.

Its still really hard to believe the fact we are going to be parents by 8am tomorrow morning!There have really been times over the last 8yrs that we have been married that I never thought we would have children. Now that we are, I am really feeling excited, anxious, terrified, you name the emotion and its probably running through my body now!

This last week has been a strange one to say the least. We had a great visit with Em & Ron while they were here. My little brother Chris was in town and came over to visit and brought lunch for us on Tuesday. It was nice to see him! Moira came over Wednesday and we went to a local ceramic place called Artist for a Day and painted a piggy bank for Abby. While we were there I was having steady contractions and later that afternoon ended up going to L & D because of them. And of course, by the time we got there they had nearly stopped!! I was irritated none the less because I am so ready to reclaim my body!! L & D gave me some ambien so I could get some rest when we got home, it worked for all of 2hrs and was a long night!! Thursday morning we went to see Dr Lowder for my last pre-natal visit and go over what was going to happen on Monday morning, then went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. That night I had a major meltdown!! Poor Chuck! He had been napping and I went to wake him up after a few hours because we still had to finish cleaning the office. When he came out to the living room he told me that I had given him a headache and I burst into tears and ran back to our bedroom crying!! I was there maybe 10-15 minutes and then got angry enough that I went into the office and started aggressively trying to deal with the mess. Chuck finally came in and started helping me get it all done and he finally finished it all. Friday we ran some errands and then we came home. Tried getting some other things done since mom & Kallen would be getting in around 11:30pm our time. Well a monsoon storm hit Phoenix as they were getting ready to take off from Phoenix so there flight was delayed quite a while. Chuck picked them up about 1:15am Saturday morning. Then a busy day shopping on Saturday.

Just a few more things to finish up with that can be done while I am in the hospital. The main ones are painting Abby's door, buying batteries for some of the baby's things, and fixing the glider.

On another note, 4 years ago we left Phoenix to move to Boise! I never thought we would actually leave there but we did. We arrived in Boise the afternoon of August 24th. We love our lives here. I'm not gonna say that we don't miss our families and friends back there, because we do miss them! We don't miss the fast paced lifestyle that we led though. The 18+ mile one way drives to work, having to go long distances for everything we did, the rude people that you would always encounter, stop & go traffic everywhere you went. Here in Boise nearly everywhere you go people are friendly. Most of what we do is within a 10 mile radius of where we live. The weather here is beautiful most of the time. Today is kind of overcast which is great since the last few days have been a little warm. Oh, and the weather guys on the news actually know what they are talking about! While the adjustment to living here was difficult the first 9 months or so, we finally decided this is home and started making new friends. A big key to that was when we finally found a church and started getting plugged in. We love our Cornerstone Comm. Church family!! They are the greatest!!

Well I guess that's it for today! Next time I post will about the birth of our baby girl, Abigail Grace!

Blessings to you all!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment