I've been a little quiet here this week, but if you have seen my posts on facebook, then you know its been a REALLY LONG REALLY BAD week already and its just Wednesday! Sunday I left church to go to L & D and was put on unofficial bedrest till I see the doctor tomorrow (Thursday). So I spent the rest of the day & all day Monday doing nothing!!! I also had a friend that sent me over the edge and stressed me out so badly that I cried off & on all day Monday and had to avoid her calls to keep from stressing myself out more. The only outlet I had to release it was on FB so my venting was there! I was by myself and would have gone crazy yelling at the walls or animals. Well Tuesday morning I woke up about 4:45am and moved to the bedroom and imediately started to have some MAJOR cramps!! OMG, the last time I remember having cramps like that was 9yrs ago when they diagnosed me with endometriosis and I would double over in so much pain! I don't even remember my kidney stones being so bad. Anyway, Chuck had to leave about 5am for work, but kept calling (rather I called him) to check on me. The cramping never really stopped. I finally fell asleep again about 7am and woke up around 10:30-11 and they were right back & stronger I think! Finally I called the doctors office around noon and was told to drink some water and lay on my left side for an hour. Did that, but I think I was having contractions too. The nurse called me back at 1pm and then when I told her that she told me to come on in. We got there about 2pm after Chuck had to leave work early to come get me. When we got there my dr was practically running down the hallway down the elevator to run next door and deliver a baby! When he came back he checked me out and still no dialation or anything. I am to drink more water, take the nausea & pain meds if necessary. I hadn't eaten at all yesterday when we went because i was afraid to puke it all up as well, so Chuck was instructed to feed me. I hurt so bad all day yesterday it was not even funny! so I've been off my feet most of the day today and slept as much as I could. I also lost the 2 1/2lbs that I worked so hard to gain, but my weight has not been an issue to them!
Ok, so onto tonight! We had our last class at the hospital - Baby Care basics. Kinda goes over wehn to call the dr, why bf'ing is important, changing, bathing & diapering baby as well as swaddeling...those sort of things. Well about 30mins into class the FIRE ALARM goes off!!! There were several other parenting type classes going on as well. So everyone evacuates the building (we were on the 5th floor and evacuated to the 4th floor top of the parking garage. Thank goodness I had gone to the bathroom a few minutes before because we were outside about 30mins till we had an all clear to go back in. Having to stand in the heat was not fun especially since ther was no shade on the top level of the parking garage wehre we were!Boise FD did show up though, so it wasn't just a fire drill! Anyways, the doctor who came into talk was with the family practice group we use (just a different office) and gave most of the presentation. Then one of the women in the class is actually one of the doctors at our practice's office! I knew I recognized her! She is 7 months, and I saw her for the first time back in December when I started getting sick. So after class I was able to ask her a few more questions and now feel alot more confident with going with our family practice that a regular pediatrician. I love our doctor anyways...he is so freakin hot!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment